State Budget 2022: General Fund of State Budget Received UAH 1,491 billion of Revenues
According to the preliminary data of the State Treasury Service of Ukraine, in 2022, the general fund of the State Budget received UAH 1,491 billion of revenues.
The main sources of the state budget revenues were the following:
- value-added tax on goods imported into the customs territory of Ukraine - UAH 253.0 billion;
- value-added tax on goods produced in Ukraine - UAH 213.9 billion (UAH 298.5 billion collected and UAH 84.6 billion reimbursed);
- personal income tax and military fee - UAH 148.4 billion;
- corporate profit tax - UAH 117.0 billion;
- fee for the use of mineral resources - UAH 81.0 billion;
- excise tax on goods imported into the customs territory of Ukraine - UAH 78.9 billion;
- import and export duty - UAH 21.0 billion.
In 2022, the general fund of the State Budget recieved UAH 480.6 billion of international assistance.
Receipts of a single fee on obligatory national social insurance in the pension fund and social insurance funds in 2022 amounted to UAH 425.3 billion.
According to the preliminary data of the State Treasury Service of Ukraine in 2022, the expenditures of the State Budget amounted to UAH 2,702.4 billion, including the expenditures of the general fund of the state budget that were carried out according to the plan and amounted to UAH 2,410.0 billion, or 92.2% of the plan for the reporting period.
At the same time, in December 2022, the expenditures of the State Budget amounted to UAH 408.8 billion, including UAH 330.5 billion of the expenditures of the general fund of the state budget.
In 2022, the State Budget deficit amounted to UAH 911.1 billion, including the general fund in the amount of UAH 909.5 billion, compared with the planned deficit of the general fund of UAH 1,399.5 billion for 2022. In December, the actual deficit of the State Budget amounted to UAH 99.0 billion, including the deficit of the general fund of UAH 101.3 billion.
Actual state borrowings to the general fund of the State Budget in 2022 amounted to UAH 1,261.1 billion.
UAH 666.9 billion, including UAH 103.9 billion in foreign currency (USD 2.1 billion and EUR 980.6 million) was attracted for the financing of the State Budget from the placement of domestic government bonds.
At the same time, UAH 597.2 billion was attracted due to the issuance of wartime bonds, including UAH 400.0 billion bought by the National Bank of Ukraine.
In addition, domestic government bonds were issued in the amount of UAH 30 billion to increase the authorized capital of the private joint-stock company Ukrainian Financial Housing Company in accordance with the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 12.21.2022 No. 1415 "Some issues of the issuance of government bonds with further by purchasing shares of the additional issue of the private joint-stock company Ukrainian Financial Housing Company in 2022".
Since the beginning of the year, UAH 564.2 billion was attracted from external sources, including:
- UAH 256.4 billion (EUR 7.1 billion) of EU loans as part of a new package of Macro-Financial Assistance;
- UAH 88.2 billion (SDR 2 billion) receipt of International Monetary Fund funds as part of additional funding under the Rapid Financing Instrument (RFI) emergency support program;
- UAH 60.5 billion UAH (CAD 1,950.0 million and USD 392.8 million) loan from the Government of Canada;
- UAH 35.3 billion (EUR 1.0 billion) loan from the IBRD within the framework of the PEACE project;
- UAH 19.4 billion (EUR 530 million) loan from the IBRD within the framework of the Third Additional Financing of the project Supporting public expenditures to ensure sustainable public administration in Ukraine;
- UAH 17 billion (JPY 78 billion) loan from the Japan International Cooperation Agency for the development policy in the sphere of emergency economic rehabilitation;
- UAH 14.3 billion. (EUR 0.4 billion) receipt of IBRD loan funds under the project Additional Loan to the Second Economic Recovery Development Policy Loan;
- UAH 12.6 billion (EUR 382 million) receipt of the EIB loan funds under the project Main loan for the agricultural sector;
- UAH 13.56 billion (EUR 400 million) of loan funds from the French Development Agency;
- UAH 8.5 billion (EUR 257 million) of the EIB loan proceeds from the APEX project;
- UAH 15.4 billion (EUR 359.7 million) loan from the Government of Italy;
- UAH 4.8 billion (EUR 150 million) of proceeds from the loan from KfW (Project MSME - Covid-19 financing);
- UAH 4.7 billion (EUR 149.3 million) loan from the Credit Institution for Reconstruction (KfW);
- UAH 3.5 billion (USD 120 million) receipt of IBRD loan funds under the project "Improving Higher Education in Ukraine for Results";
- UAH 3.2 billion (USD 111.7 million) receipt of the IBRD loan funds within the framework of the project "Second Additional Financing for COVID-19 Reagent and Vaccination in Ukraine";
- UAH 2.9 billion (USD 99 million) loan from the IBRD within the framework of the project "Eastern Ukraine: Reunification, Restoration, Revival";
- UAH 1.6 billion (USD 54.6 million) loan from the IBRD within the framework of the project "Modernization of the Social Support System of the Population of Ukraine";
- UAH 1.2 billion (USD 40 million) from the IBRD loan within the framework of the project “Second additional financing aimed at overcoming the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic”;
- UAH 1 billion (USD 34.5 million) from the IBRD loan within the framework of the project "Acceleration of Investment in Agriculture of Ukraine";
- UAH 200 million (USD 7 million) loan from the IBRD within the framework of the project "Additional financing of the project Improving health care at the service of people.
Public debt repayments in 2022 totaled UAH 448.6 billion, and debt service payments amounted to UAH 156.5 billion.